Skip to main content

The Christmas Tag | 12 Days of Blogmas day 2

Another day, another post, today I thought that I would complete the Christmas tag so you can get to know me a little better. Christmas is one of my favourite times of year and I feel like its important for the family too.


1. What is your favourite Christmas film?

I am a sucker for anything festive, I love the corny films like 'Nativity', romantics ones like 'Love actually' and 'The Holiday' and the classic ones too but my favourite has to be 'Home alone' it just calls out to me every year and makes me feel really festive. 

2. Have you ever had a while Christmas?

I don't think that I have experienced a white Christmas, our snow normally comes in mid January to mid February. I do wish that one day we did have a snowy Christmas day.

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?

Normally we spend the morning at home with some family time, opening presents and building them too and later we visit family, last year of course we were home the whole day and it was nice, to not worry about having to leave the house.

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?

I love most of them, and you can normally hear me blasting them out the whole of  December, but my favourite has to be Merry xmas everyone.

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas eve?

Nope, never. We do have a Christmas eve box for the girls but that usually consists of their Christmas pjs, some hot chocolate and treats.

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolf.

7. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?

I am really excited for the festive days out this year that we have missed out on, like seeing Santa and also the local village that decorate for a charity, these will be firsts for Olivia that have come a year late.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

We have had real in the past but we have a nice fake one that is around 7 1/2 foot tall.

9. What is your all time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?

My favourite savoury food over Christmas is probably the pigs in blankets and the sweet treat has to be our homemade Christmas cake, but I do love the chocolates and sweeties too.

10. Be honest: Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?

I am one for giving rather than receiving, I always have done, I hate having money spent on me and also rarely spend money on myself either. I love giving gifts ever more since becoming a Mum, its gives me so much joys creating the magic of Santa and deciding all the other bits too.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?

I have had so many lovely gifts over the years but a couple stand out, the first was when I was around 14 and my parents got me a DS, I actually opened the case before the console. The second was last year, it was a bracelet from Liam which was inscribed with 'Giggles'

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

I would love to go somewhere with snow, a lovely wooden cabin with a fire place and blankets everywhere, it would also be lovely to have the northern lights happen to add to the magic. Another place would be Disney, any park will do.

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?

I am not terrible, but I certainly am not a pro, I use way to much paper most of the time and sometime I do have to patch up places with odd bits too. I wish I could make them look perfect. 

14. Most memorable holiday moment?

This question gets me a little emotional as I have so many incredible memories of when I was a child, my parents always made it memorable, it was always about family and laughter. My most memorable in more recent years was last year, the fact that covid put a halt to so many plans including sharing the main day with others but we made it the best we could, which was quite relaxed with lots of good food.

15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?

I was sadly told by my Auntie when I was about 10, my Mum was not impressed. At this moment Lils still believes but I know it won't last for much longer and that makes me sad, I just hope that when she eventually does find out she doesn't spoil it for Olivia.

16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?

In recent years I haven't made any, I hate the pressure of them and the guilt when you fail at them which is usually what I ended up doing.

17. What makes the holidays special for you?

Family and the magic of it all, the excitement that grows as the big day gets closer. It all makes me warm and fuzzy knowing that these days are the ones we remember, even years after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Macaroni Cheese | Recipe and Method

I do love a pasta dish and macaroni cheese is such a comfort food for me, its so easy and simple to make, perfect for a busy evening taking only 15-20 minutes to make. Its one that the whole family can get involved in making and Lils quite often take the whisk off me and takes over! The recipe below will serve four people but we always alter depending on who is having it in our household. Ingredients: - 450g Pasta - 1 litre of milk - 100g flour or corn flour - 100g marge - 280g cheese - 1 tea spoon English mustard - salt and pepper for seasoning How to: 1. Cook you pasta as described on the packet then drain 2. Melt the marge then slowly mix in all the flour 3. slowly pour in the milk and mix well until smooth, it will thicken up 4. Add you mustard and mix 5. Mix in your cheese until melted together 6. Add salt and pepper to flavour 7. mix in your pasta with your sauce and serve with garlic bread It really is such a simple yet tasty meal for all the family, both my girls lo

My mental health

 I don't really know why I am writing this but it may help me or someone else in the future, today I am low, very low, I feel very stuck in a rubbish situation and don't see it ever getting better. At the moment money is tight, very tight and it really is getting me down, I feel like I am letting everyone down. I want to be the best person I can be and the best Mum possible to my girls, I want to be able to provide a good life for them and don't want them to even know that we are ever struggling. I suffer from anxiety but this doesn't feel anything like that, this feels like a have got a weight in my heart, one that feels painful too, its like a constant sinking feeling that drains me too. I am tired and emotional and just had enough and I really don't know what to do or how to even take the next step. I really hope that one day soon we don't have to worry so much, that we can live a little more comfortable and that life gives us some luck as the pas

Cottage pie recipe

I have recently started making my own Cottage pie with a recipe that I have tweeted to work four our fussy family. I find that a cottage pie is such an Autumn/Winter staple as it feeling like such a warm, hearty meal, one that is a proper comfort meal.  I recently started making the meal and found that I didn't have a packet mix in so decided to find a recipe to try out, the first one I found sounded good but I changed it slightly to fit our family, Lils isn't keen on fresh onion ad none of us like celery. I thought I would share our recipe with you which can easily be adapted if need be. Recipe 500g Beef Mince 1 carton of tomato passata  1 tbs tomato paste 1 beef stock cube 1 beef stock pot 1 tsp onion salt 1 tsp garlic granules 1 tsp mixed herbs 2 medium carrots sliced and part cooked Salt and pepper 3 large potatoes for mash 75g cheese Method 1. Preheat you oven to gas mark 4/180oC 2. Brown off the mince and drain off excess oil from the pan. 3. Pour in the passa