Skip to main content

Scotney Castle | Scotney School of Sorcery

Yesterday we took a trip to Scotney Castle for a Halloween adventure we had a voucher for a family pass and thought that this was the perfect time to take the opportunity to have some family fun. 

At Scotney castle they are running half term fun in the form of Scotney school of Sorcery, during your visit you will need to find words that are part of a spell and at the end if you need to use the spell and see its it's correct. This has a small charge of £3 for you spell sheet and a prize at the end of an insect gummy. The do encourage dress up too for this event.
They have decorated the grounds, castle and house beautifully with pumpkins everywhere and the clues were very spooky and made the day extra fun. The grounds look beautiful right now with the autumn colours everywhere and leaves pathing the grass.

The grounds are suitable for wheel and buggy but it does have so steep slopes. We headed down to the old caste first which is part ruin, part house which is surrounded by a beautiful lake. The area is so picturesque and there are beaches where you can enjoy some lunch right next to the building.

We then took a trip around the lake and headed up to the main house, this house was built in the 1830's are you are able to enter the house where the possession of the late owner are still in place to see. Its a mix of old with the odd modern touch as they kept up with the changing times.
We spent a good 3 hours wandering around and taking as much is a possible but there are still bits that are unexplored by us. I would love to visit in the height of Summer and see the grounds in full bloom.

There is a photo opportunity outside the house at the moment with an Autumnal display, this is a great way to capture a memory for your day out.

We finished our day at the tea rooms where you can get hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and cakes and they do offer a hot lunch between 12-12.30. Tickets for Scotney Castle are:
Adults £14.00
Children £7
Family £35
Parking £4 (Need to book in advance)
Scotney castle is part of the National Trust so if you have a membership then it's free.

It was a lovely day out and it is honestly such a beautiful place to explore. 

Victoria x

 

Comments

  1. I have never visited Scotney Castle, and it sounds like the perfect time to visit. We used to go to local National Trust properties for halloween fun when my kids were younger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend it is beautiful and the girls had so much fun. We have only recently started going to National Trust places.

      Delete
  2. I do love visiting a good National Trust property - even better if it's a castle! We've been to a few and I do love how the insides are decorated differently depending on the time of year. I've seen a few fancy Christmas displays, but I love this autumnal one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Macaroni Cheese | Recipe and Method

I do love a pasta dish and macaroni cheese is such a comfort food for me, its so easy and simple to make, perfect for a busy evening taking only 15-20 minutes to make. Its one that the whole family can get involved in making and Lils quite often take the whisk off me and takes over! The recipe below will serve four people but we always alter depending on who is having it in our household. Ingredients: - 450g Pasta - 1 litre of milk - 100g flour or corn flour - 100g marge - 280g cheese - 1 tea spoon English mustard - salt and pepper for seasoning How to: 1. Cook you pasta as described on the packet then drain 2. Melt the marge then slowly mix in all the flour 3. slowly pour in the milk and mix well until smooth, it will thicken up 4. Add you mustard and mix 5. Mix in your cheese until melted together 6. Add salt and pepper to flavour 7. mix in your pasta with your sauce and serve with garlic bread It really is such a simple yet tasty meal for all the family, both my girls lo

My mental health

 I don't really know why I am writing this but it may help me or someone else in the future, today I am low, very low, I feel very stuck in a rubbish situation and don't see it ever getting better. At the moment money is tight, very tight and it really is getting me down, I feel like I am letting everyone down. I want to be the best person I can be and the best Mum possible to my girls, I want to be able to provide a good life for them and don't want them to even know that we are ever struggling. I suffer from anxiety but this doesn't feel anything like that, this feels like a have got a weight in my heart, one that feels painful too, its like a constant sinking feeling that drains me too. I am tired and emotional and just had enough and I really don't know what to do or how to even take the next step. I really hope that one day soon we don't have to worry so much, that we can live a little more comfortable and that life gives us some luck as the pas

Cottage pie recipe

I have recently started making my own Cottage pie with a recipe that I have tweeted to work four our fussy family. I find that a cottage pie is such an Autumn/Winter staple as it feeling like such a warm, hearty meal, one that is a proper comfort meal.  I recently started making the meal and found that I didn't have a packet mix in so decided to find a recipe to try out, the first one I found sounded good but I changed it slightly to fit our family, Lils isn't keen on fresh onion ad none of us like celery. I thought I would share our recipe with you which can easily be adapted if need be. Recipe 500g Beef Mince 1 carton of tomato passata  1 tbs tomato paste 1 beef stock cube 1 beef stock pot 1 tsp onion salt 1 tsp garlic granules 1 tsp mixed herbs 2 medium carrots sliced and part cooked Salt and pepper 3 large potatoes for mash 75g cheese Method 1. Preheat you oven to gas mark 4/180oC 2. Brown off the mince and drain off excess oil from the pan. 3. Pour in the passa