Skip to main content

Mcfly 21st birthday parties


Wow! What can I say? Wednesday the 9th of October was such an amazing expereince and one that I will never forget, I actually saw Mcfly live!

Back in February Mcfly announced that they would be celebrating there 21st birthday with a special concert at the o2 arena and I needed to go, I had never seen them live but had followed them since pretty much day one. The first day sold out but they added an extra date and I took the opportunity to get tickets.

Fast forward to last Wedneday when the day actually came, we drove up, leaving at around 4.30pm as had to drop Olivia off at my Dads for the night. We arrived at the o2 carpark at at around 6.15pm after getting food on the way. We prebooked parking for £27 which garantueed us a place, parking was simple and is only a 5 minute walk from the o2 itself.

The whole experince of the o2 was so quick and easy, we went straight through to the o2 and security without a hitch, we were on the 4th floor so took the escelators up. On the 4th floor we went to the merch stall which had just a 10 mintue queue, after we got our merch we got drinks, we used the ordering system and Liam collected whilst me and Lils changed into our t-shirts. a pint of pepsi was £4.95 and came in a reusable cup.



We went into the arena and all of us were truely taken aback as to how big it actaully is, our seats were pretty high, there was only around 10 rows to the very top but the view was still good even though they were little.  At around 7pm we got our first act who was Billy Lockett, a contestant on The Voice UK this year, at his blind audition Tom and Danny from Mcfly turned for him and gave him the opportunity to perform at the o2. The next act wer'nt for us sadly but were only on for a short time before the set up for Mcfly started.

8.15 hit and the YMCA started to play which lots of funny pics of Mcfly from over the years, which gave us a giggle, it then changed to singing there names and eventually they came onto stage! It was so surreal and is only really sinking in now. They started off there set with 5 colours in her hair, there very first hit. They went from song to song with ease and almost every one had everyone on there feet (even in our seats at the top). They spoke to the crouds a few times with some call outs and audience participation. 




just over half way through the stage darkened and Danny's voice was ringing out singing It's all coming back to me, the song that he had sung during the masked singer. We couldn't really see a lot apart from the clips on stage from the show itself, then Danny appeared on a small square stage below us singing at the top of his lungs. It was honestly incredible, he went straight into the next song, Red, which was sung using a mic hanging from above that was lit up red. Slowly the rest of the band joined and sung a couple of songs.

Dougie then decided to be a bit cheeky and diss Busted using some cheesy jokes, they started a new song and then the some 'Year 3000' starting playing and Busted appeared on the main stage, they had a tiff between stages and then announced a tour for next year, Busted vs Mcfly, which is one that we are going to try and get tickets too. Soon after Busted left and Mcfly headed back to the main stage to finish there set.

The second to last song was my favourte 'All about you' which I did shed a tear too, some many emotions were going through me that night. We left around half way through the lasy song, the heart never lies, Lils was so tired and we wanted to miss the crouds. All in all Mcfly sang 33 songs and went through to 11pm exactly. What a show!

I was honestly the most incredible night and one for the memory book.

Victoria

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cottage pie recipe

I have recently started making my own Cottage pie with a recipe that I have tweeted to work four our fussy family. I find that a cottage pie is such an Autumn/Winter staple as it feeling like such a warm, hearty meal, one that is a proper comfort meal.  I recently started making the meal and found that I didn't have a packet mix in so decided to find a recipe to try out, the first one I found sounded good but I changed it slightly to fit our family, Lils isn't keen on fresh onion ad none of us like celery. I thought I would share our recipe with you which can easily be adapted if need be. Recipe 500g Beef Mince 1 carton of tomato passata  1 tbs tomato paste 1 beef stock cube 1 beef stock pot 1 tsp onion salt 1 tsp garlic granules 1 tsp mixed herbs 2 medium carrots sliced and part cooked Salt and pepper 3 large potatoes for mash 75g cheese Method 1. Preheat you oven to gas mark 4/180oC 2. Brown off the mince and drain off excess oil from the pan. 3. Pour in the passa

Autumn Tag

Hello, I thought that today I would take part in the Autumn tag so you can all get to know me a little better, I took part in this on my old blog many years back and a lot has changed since. Autumn has to be my favourite season with so much change and the excitement for Christmas not far ahead. 1. What signifies the start of Autumn for you? I know Autumn starts at the end of September but for me its the first of November when it starts to officially feel like Autumn, it all of the sudden feels different and colder after Halloween and especially when the clocks go back too. 2. What is your favourite Autumn scent? My favourite autumn scents are either Orange or berries, they always make the house smell so warm and toasty in wax melt form and I love them in a hand cream or even a bubble bath scent too around this time of year.. 3. What is your favourite Autumn colour? My favourite Autumn colour has to be the burnt orange for the leaves but burgundy colour for clothing, the are just very w

Macaroni Cheese | Recipe and Method

I do love a pasta dish and macaroni cheese is such a comfort food for me, its so easy and simple to make, perfect for a busy evening taking only 15-20 minutes to make. Its one that the whole family can get involved in making and Lils quite often take the whisk off me and takes over! The recipe below will serve four people but we always alter depending on who is having it in our household. Ingredients: - 450g Pasta - 1 litre of milk - 100g flour or corn flour - 100g marge - 280g cheese - 1 tea spoon English mustard - salt and pepper for seasoning How to: 1. Cook you pasta as described on the packet then drain 2. Melt the marge then slowly mix in all the flour 3. slowly pour in the milk and mix well until smooth, it will thicken up 4. Add you mustard and mix 5. Mix in your cheese until melted together 6. Add salt and pepper to flavour 7. mix in your pasta with your sauce and serve with garlic bread It really is such a simple yet tasty meal for all the family, both my girls lo