Currently reading | Summer at the comfort food cafe


Book 8 of 2026 is in full swing, this book has really been the change that I had needed. 

As a reader I am very good at sticking to a certain author for a very long time and I do feel like I really needed to venture out a little more, Debbie Johnson's book, Summer at the comfort food cafe, has really shown me this. 

The story starts with Laura, a widowed Mum of two from Manchester who makes a life changing decision to apply for a summer job the other end of the country to try and find herself again. This story delivers sweet treats with its characters and the stories that follow them who help he to rebuild her world, including someone sweet in her eyes too. You certainly join a rollercoaster of emotions with this one, from laughter to crying and all that comes inbetweeen.

This is the start of an 8 book series which follows the seasons and much more, I am certainly intrigued where this story will take me and what adventures there will be in the future. 

I am very happy that I found this book and would definetly recommend this story.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Victoria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cottage pie recipe

Toad in the hole recipe

October recap | 2025