Currently reading | The closest thing to flying

 

Book number 9 complete!

The closesst thing to flying is based for a younger audience but I had been recomended it a few times at work so thought that I would give it a go and wow! It is such a beautiful story.

The story starts with a girl names Semira, she lives with her Mum, who can't speak English and a man named Robel who is controlling and not nice. She develops an unusual freidnship which makes her strong and helps her become brave. The story also brings about how the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) came about and slightly introduces the idea of the suffragettes.

The feelings that this book made me feel when reading were all over the place, I felt the happiness and the sadness of the story, it is beautifully written and I am intrigued what others book Gill Lewis has written,

For a quick filler book or for something a little different I would recommend this book.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Victoria x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cottage pie recipe

October recap | 2025

Toad in the hole recipe